Last week, the community of Cedro Galán came together to celebrate the first anniversary of the Cedro Health Clinic. In the last year, the clinic has provided 1,230 affordable health consultations and now treats more than 15 patients per day - up from 15 per week in October 2013!
At the celebration, attendees enjoyed snacks and drinks, a slideshow of photos from the past year, and a video thanking clinic staff and volunteers. Community members visited educational stations covering information on diabetes, hypertension, hand-washing and Dengue fever. These stations:
- Taught the dangers of high sugar consumption and illustrated the sugar content in popular beverages
- Offered blood pressure screenings and heart-health tips
- Hosted activities including "My Plate," an art project where children learned the elements of a balanced meal
- Reminded community members of Dengue fever warning signs and the clinic's free, rapid-response Dengue testing
- Made hand-washing fun with a water station for kids to practice proper techniques
The celebration ended with a dance, which was a huge hit! We are so grateful to the community and to you for a wonderful first year. We look forward to many more years of improved health in Cedro Galán.